This is a SAFETY course.
This is a non-shooting course that teaches students the basic knowledge and skills to explain the attitude necessary for the safe handling and storage of firearms/ammunition in the home.
This is a four-hour course for safe gun handling, there is no shooting portion to this class.
- NRA’s three rules for safe gun handling
- primary causes of firearm accidents
- firearm parts
- how to unload certain action types
- ammunition components
- cleaning; care
- safe storage of firearms in the home
- benefits of becoming an active participant in the shooting sports
Students will receive the NRA Home Firearm Safety handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Basic Firearm Training Program brochure, and course completion certificate.
Cost: $45 per person, two minors under 18 free per one adult
Time Required: Up to 4 hours
Materials To Bring: If you have one, bring a basic gun cleaning kit.
Location: Yours or Live Love Load can host