The NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting is an objective based class with a practical exercise portion conducted at a range under the guidance and supervision of an NRA certified instructor.
The course is intended for all adults regardless of previous shooting experience or NRA affiliation.
What You’ll Learn
- Essential gun safety rules
- Different types of pistols and which one is best for you
- The basics of ammunition
- The fundamentals of pistol shooting
- Different shooting positions
- The most common shooting errors
- How to score a target
- Guidelines with selecting and purchasing a pistol
- Proper gun cleaning and maintenance
- How to maintain your skills
We will validate comprehension and application of gun safety rules; range protocol; proper handling; loading and unloading procedures; application of pistol shooting fundamentals; stable shooting positions; live fire; and a final shooting qualification.
Cost: $125 per person
BLENDED STUDENTS: If you decide to take the Basic Pistol Blended Course (online portion is $60) and then the Instructor Led portion, the Instructor Led portion is $85 per student. The NRA modified their offerings for Basic Pistol in April 2017 allowing two paths for the same course.
Time Required: 6 hours
Materials To Bring:
- semi-automatic pistol or revolver
- 200 rounds ammunition in the same caliber of your firearm
- Bring your Basic Pistol book to class, you will need it
- Notebook, pen/pencil
- Ear and eye protection if you have it
We have limited gear for rental, if you have a need please let us know when you enroll.
REGISTER FOR A CLASS BELOW: